Apple has gone from strength to strength since releasing watchOS 10, the latest version of its popular wearable operating system. As the company continues to innovate, rumors have emerged suggesting that the software could become even more user-friendly and feature a completely redesigned home screen similar to the one found on its mobile operating system, iOS. Here we examine what to expect from watchOS 10 and how a redesigned home screen could benefit users.
1. Introducing WatchOS 10
WatchOS 10 is the next generation of Apple’s mobile operating system that offers amazing features and improvements for Apple Watch users. Some of the key highlights of WatchOS 10 include:
- Extended complictions for more information on the watch face
- SOS emergency feature which can alert a chosen emergency contact and share your location in emergency situations
- New and improved Native Apps such as Activity, Workouts, Mail, Music and more.
The User Interface of WatchOS 10 is improved and redesigned with a cleaner, more intuitive look. With better organization of data, navigating the operating system is easier and faster than ever. Additionally, WatchOS 10 allows users to interact with the world and their environment in creative ways, such as being able to use the Watch to unlock their hotels, cars and homes.
2. Major Redesigns on the Horizon
The last decade has witnessed remarkable changes in design across all platforms. Customers now have greater expectations of the visual appeal and usability of a product than ever before. To meet these demands, major redesigns are necessary in many contexts to keep up with the competition. Here is what companies can expect:
- Improved Navigability. Redesigns of contemporary products should focus on making the navigation easier and faster. Designers should strive to create intuitive navigational methods, minimizing the need for a user or customer to refer to the instruction manual or help guide.
- Enhanced Usability. Good design should also consider such things as sight lines, font sizes, color contrasts, and foreground-background choices. In this way, a design can make the product easier to handle and use more enjoyable.
- A Unified Look. Across a company’s design, a unified look should be maintained. This includes the logo, tagline, typography style, colors, and other image elements. This enables a customer to easily identify the product and feel connected to it.
Redesigns are of utmost importance, as they can have a major impact on a customer’s experience and ultimately help them decide whether or not to do business with a company. Investing in redesigning a product may be time consuming and costly, but the financial gains and improved user experience should be consisdered when making the decision.
3. How WatchOS 10 Could Mirror iOS
As an Apple Watch user, you might be interested in the opportunities that the latest update – Watch OS 10 – brings to you. Updating your watch to the latest version could help you benefit from features that mirror the experience of using iOS 10.
Let’s take a look at what brings new to the Apple Watch:
- The WatchOS 10 comes with a brand new dock: now you can add up to 10 apps and switch between them with ease;
- Bigger Typeface: you can take advantage of the bigger text sizes, which makes reading easier and more comfortable;
- Typing: now you can type on the watch face without needing to use the Voice input;
- Scribble: the WatchOS 10 also introduces the ability to write your reply with a stylus;
- WatchOS 3 Multi-tasking: Apple Watch now allows you to switch between multiple apps with a single tap.
These are some of the features that come with the new watchOS 10 – they show us how it mirrors the abilities of iOS 10 and how it can make use of existing hardware to improve the user experience.
4. Ready for WatchOS 10?
The WatchOS 10 Upgrade
WatchOS 10 is an upgrade of Apple’s software for smartwatches, providing enhanced performance, battery life and security. There are new watch faces, digital touch messages, animated stickers, games, and a range of other features. Users can also now face time and make calls from their watch, interact with new apps and take advantage of enhanced fitness tracking.
If you have an Apple Watch ready for the upgrade, it is a simple process to get the latest version of WatchOS. All you need to do is make sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS, and then select the Watch app. After this, you will be able to see whether or not you need to update the watchOS software, and if needed, you can begin the installation process. Once the installation is complete, you’ll be ready to take advantage of all the great benefits of the WatchOS 10 upgrade:
- Personalised Watch faces
- Activity Levels for Fitness Tracking
- Digital Touch Messages
- Interactive Games
- FaceTime & Calling functionality
It’s still unclear when watchOS 10 could be unveiled, but some clues can be found in the company’s recent announcements. Knowing Apple’s penchant for designing sleek and intuitive products, we anticipate that the proposed redesign of the watchOS home screen will revolutionize the way we use smart watches. With this in mind, it will be interesting to see what comes out of the watchOS 10 update and how fans of the Apple Watch will take to the changes.